Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Some Technology Brainstorming


Today, we had a little fun with brainstorming all kinds of technological tools in classrooms and put the together. This beautiful poster on the left showed all kinds of technological tools that our PLN group came up with for our dream classroom. It was made on Powerpoint and composed by images we found on Google. We thought these tools can help students to be more engaged into learning, and usage of these tools would make it more convenient for both students and teachers to interact with one another. The new advanced technology also had the advantage of saving a lot of time and resources for the teachers. For example, the use of scanner in classroom can allow teacher to scan students' works in class (either worksheets or artwork!), then save into 
the computer. It could avoid the chaos of losing students' work, and create a easier access to grading etc.               
This image on the right is a Wordle art I created. It has all kinds of tools (even imaginary ones) that I think would exist in the future classrooms. I think they would make the classroom environment more comfortable and convenient for the students.  I believe in order to make students to be more engaged in learning, the atmosphere in the classroom must be relaxing and interesting. Of course, the limitation to my imagination doesn't help with planning what tools to have in my future classroom. But I am totally looking forward to see what kind of advancing tools we are going to be provided tomorrow, next year, and in next 10 years.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your posts. I like the way they are laid out and I enjoy your thoughtful responses. It is obvious that you think your way through life. I can see the potential educator in you.

    ReplyDelete