I can't believe I could actually put teachers and comics in the same sentence (Oops, I just did.) But looking back I remember how much trouble students could get if they are reading comics secretly in class or just in school. The comic piece on the right was created by our PLN group last week, demonstrated how new technology had set the line between the older and younger generation. Comics are interactive pictures that tell stories through mostly pictures and dialogues, in other words, much better than reading textbooks. But the time consumption of creating comics are too long for educators to consider. Also, if students are just reading dialogues but not full sentences, what's the point? Comics shouldn't be used as the major material in classrooms. Yet adding some into a presentation, or just the beginning of the lesson could pick up students' interest in learning. The convenience of composing comics on Internet makes it even more convincing for educators to use this piece of material as part of the teaching resource. Imagine how much fun students could have when they can create their own comic as part of assignment? Yes, a lot of fun indeed.

I really like your evaluation and comments on this activity. I can see that you will be a valuable addition to the profession and the students in your classroom will be getting an exciting and interesting teacher.
ReplyDelete