Monday, February 1, 2010

Review on Smartboard Lessons

I found three lesson plans for different grade levels, which is K-3, elementary school and middle school. The first one I looked into is "Dressing for the Seasons", which goes under the category of K-3 science. It is very simple, providing interactive pages for students to match the seasons with the months. It is also very colorful and pleasant to look it. The other one that I looked at is "Christmas Math Fun" for elementary school students from 4th grade to 6th grade. I was very much in love with the cover page that has animated snow at the background, which of course, matches with the topic of the lesson. Then it has a set of math questions that is related to Christmas items. The last but not least is a Science lesson plan for middle school students. The title is the Origin of the Earth's Atmosphere. I really like the interactive pages from this lesson plans, where the answers were hidden and you can "drag" them out.  There was a pie chart where you can use eraser of smartboard to erase out the white part and reveal the answers.  These are all very fun and educational lesson plans. Smartboard is the one of the best demonstrations of how technology can advance the ways of learning for students, it is a way to have fun and gain knowledge at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment