Monday, February 1, 2010
My Experience with SmartBoard
My experience with SmartBoard is a mix of everything.. Fun, yet frustrating; The process is simple, but has loads of steps to follow...I guess if I could have enough time and space, creating lesson plans out of SmartBoard would be very fun. I couldn't make my lessons very complex like the ones I found from Smarttech.com, it also took me a very long time to think of what kind of topics can I use with interactive lesson plans. I then realize how much time it takes for teachers to come out with these lesson plans, and how much I really appreciate it. Sometimes I have to change what I wanted to do with the lesson plan because I can't figure which buttons to press in order to get the results that I wanted... I wish to have more time for creating better ones. I also reflect how the advancement of technology is really pushing educators to learn something they aren't used to. Imagine asking the teachers who have been using chalkboards or whiteboards for a long time to switch to using SmartBoard, it is like a very wild thought. Sitting in class for 3-4 hours is not enough for me to learn everything about SmartBoard, so the learning process is ongoing throughout the experience... It is while I was using SmartBoard then I can feel the struggles that some teachers could have when it comes to new technology, a very memorable experience after-all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I completely agree. I felt like it was so hard to make 10 pages on my topic. I wanted my presentation to be complex and fun but it ended up being somewhat simple. I am excited to see yours though.
ReplyDelete